Prepare for your IELTS Test
How to prepare for your IELTS test? There are five steps that can help you succeed in your IELTS test and get the results required for achieving your dreams. Even sometimes native English speaker scores less than other students who have started speaking English a few months before only. This is because of the lack of enough preparation and practise. Follow the steps below and get yourself ready for the IELTS test.
Understand the IELTS test format clearly
Your first step should be to familiarize yourself with the IELTS test format. There are two types of test - IELTS academic test and IELTS general test and IELTS for UKVI which is government approved test for UK visas. For each test there are four sections - Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. The Listening and Speaking sections are the same for both the tests but reading and speaking sections are different. Get to know the exact pattern of the IELTS exam, the question and task types for each section. Once the whole pattern is clear then strategies your study plan. It’s also important to read through the IELTS rules and regulations clearly. Check out the IELTS test format
Decide if you are ready to take your IELTS test
This is a very important step. Help yourself by pre-checking your IELTS level. Many students decide to know their English language level by taking a CEPT test. CEPT (Cambridge English Placement Test) is a 30 minutes online test which can be taken anywhere and at anytime. It will test your listening and reading abilities (and grammar) and will instantly give the result of your performance score ranging from 0 to 9. Possibly, you don’t have to attend a preparation course, many test takers find that doing so helps them improve their performance. Get more information and take CEPT test
Improve your English - Tips and Guide
The second thing which you should do is PRACTISE PRACTISE and PRACTISE. Read, speak, listen and write in English as much as you can. Take a good English language course. There are many centres in Kuwait which offer IELTS preparation courses, that will really improve your performance. You really need to practice lots of tests to have the confidence of scoring high.
Couple of things to do by yourself which will help in improving your English skills:
- Get in touch with any of your native English speaking friend and talk in English daily.
- Listen to and watch English movies, news, TV series etc, Read journals, books, articles etc. Try to listen to a variety of English accents including American, Australian, British, Canadian and New Zealand.
- Practise your written skills. Write the essays, formal letters, email, notes etc in English.
- Watch a TV program or play and try to summarise and write that in English. This practice will help you in speaking and writing a section of the test.
- Get expert guidance. (Studygram can assist you with the best guidance and study pattern. Book a free appointment here)
Practice IELTS Sample Papers
- Practise the IELTS test sample questions - Check free practise tests
- Use the Official IELTS Practice Materials which you can purchase online or from your local test centre - Click here to order IELTS official test material
Register as soon as possible
Book your IELTS exam date as soon as possible when you feel you are ready for the test. There may be a limited number of candidates registration available on a particular date, so register as soon as possible. You will need to pay the test fee when you register. Studygram is authorised registration centre for IELTS exam in Kuwait. Click here to find IELTS exam fee, dates and registration process
- Hits: 762